Wednesday, April 23, 2008

I'm so proud of you...

...for cleaning up the whole floor like that.

So said my Pumpkin after he'd pointed out how dirty the bathroom floor in the boys' bathroom was. And then stood there, hands on hips, watching as I wiped and mopped. Made me go the extra mile on the toilets and all other housework in the big Tuesday clean yesterday, yep. (Still trying to keep the big stuff to once a week, like I started in Darwin with Helen all those years ago.)

Just now, at the English Market, an actual statement from him: "The whole market could make a smiley face: the person who wants to keep me could give us a banana for the smile, this olive person could give us two round olives for the eyes, what could be the nose?" His imagination is unbounded, the language development way out there, just like his brother, and (might I add, just like his talkative parents.)

Power to him. He has said in the past: "it's my job to make everyone laugh and keep them all excited all the time."

No comments: