Thursday, December 11, 2008

Done

It's done: every last assignment, every last presentation, every last exam!
The floodwaters of social life broke over me by lunchtime last Thursday, 1 hour after the last exam, with champagne and prawns and divine dipping sauces (thank you Dr M!) around the fire in our garden til late. And then continued in a heady rush of friends I've barely seen, new neighbours, and family for 6 whole days! Wonderful to have my other life spill back out, with news from far away, people I'd almost lost. And the reality of being able to enjoy it all right now, and not be needing to do something else really, all the time.
By last night, all I could do was sit and watch a DVD by myself at home. The Lives of Others, gentle, insightful, serious film about the Stasi in East Berlin. Wonderful.

No comments: